Regardless of your income level, with the right advice and tailor made plan, you can enjoy your retirement. The most important considerations when planning for retirement are security, flexibility, and growth potential. At your Credit Union, we can help with expert advice and together, figure out the most affordable way for you to start investing in your future!
From now until March 1, when you make a minimum contribution of $500 to your RRSP or TFSA, you could win a little extra for your future and your community. Two winners from across Atlantic Canada will receive a $1,000 prize and we’ll donate $1,000 to a local charity of your choice in your name. It’s a win/win in the best possible way. Complete details are below.
Maximize future returns. Save on taxes. Earn more interest. It's that simple. We can help you understand RRSPs, show you the different investment options available, explain the short and long term benefits, and tailor an RRSP plan that’s focused on your future.
- Save more sooner and retire earlier with compounding interest.
- Variable and Fixed Rate plans available.
- Fixed term RRSPs available from 1 to 5 years
- Personal and Spousal RRSPs available
- Redeemable option available at time of investment\
- Secure investment with principal and interest guaranteed.
Your Credit Union is a member of the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation (CUDIC), which provides 100% coverage on all Registered investments with your Credit Union.
Want to learn more?
At your credit union, your success is our success. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to help you grow your nest egg, save for the important purchases in life, and make sure you’re ready for a rainy day.
Putting more away can be easy, at any stage. Take a minute to think about what stage of saving you’re in…
Getting your savings started.
You’re hitting the ground running. You’ve landed your first “real” job, you’re getting married, or starting a new family—or maybe all three! It’s an exciting time in your life. And it can be difficult to think about saving for your retirement when everything is just beginning. But this is the perfect time, because time is on your side.
Growing your savings.
Your life is at its busiest. Your kids are growing and always going, your career is in full swing, you’re there for your friends, parents, community, and even manage some time for yourself occasionally. Most likely you’ve been contributing to a savings plan for some time now. But when’s the last time you took a second look at your plan to make sure it’s working as hard as you are?
Managing your savings.
You’re almost there! You’ve worked hard, saved smartly, and soon it’ll be time to enjoy a well-deserved retirement. But now that you’re in the homestretch of your retirement savings plan, there a few things well worth taking the time to consider.
Our focused approach can make a big difference for your future. It could get you on track for the kind of retirement you really want. Or get you closer to your savings goal faster than you thought possible. We’re here to help you focus on the big picture – to save for what really matters. No obligation, no strings. Just sound advice from our financial professionals who are focused on you and your financial future.
Atlantic Credit Unions’ “2019 MoneyMatch Contest” (the “Contest”)
Long Rules and Regulations
- Eligibility and Entry: The 2019 MoneyMatch Contest is conducted by Atlantic Central on behalf of its participating member credit unions in Atlantic Canada. The Contest runs from January 1 to March 1, 2019 (the “Contest Period”), and is open to credit union members and non-members who, during the Contest Period, either: (a) participate in an appointment with a credit union or affiliated wealth management partner centered on discussion of retirement planning and investment opportunities; or (b) make a minimum contribution of $500 to a new or existing investment product registered with a participating credit union or affiliated wealth management partner. To be eligible, an “appointment” may be conducted in-person, by phone, or via email.
- No Purchase Necessary: No purchase of any credit union product or service is necessary to enter this Contest. No purchase entries can be requested and submitted at participating credit unions.
- Entry Restrictions: Employees and board members from the following organizations in Atlantic Canada, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible for Contest entry: any credit union, any credit union wealth management partner, Atlantic Central, League Savings and Mortgage Company, and any credit union deposit insurance corporation (NSCUDIC, PEICUDIC, NBCUDIC, and CUDGC). To be eligible to enter the Contest, entrants must be legal residents of Canada and must have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence (18 in AB, MB, ON, PE and SK; 19 in BC, NB, NL, NT, NS, NU and YK). Residents of Quebec are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entrants are permitted one entry per product type (RRSP and/or TFSA). Automatic renewals of existing products held with a credit union are only eligible for Contest entry if the member participates in an appointment, as described above.
- Entry Deadline: Entries will be accepted up to 11:59 p.m. on March 1st, 2019. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Prizes: A total of two (2) prizes of $1,000 each will be awarded. Each prize will also include the privilege of selecting a local charitable organization to which a donation of $1,000 will be made in the prize winner’s name. For the purpose of the Contest, a “local charitable organization” is: (a) an organization located in the same province as the credit union where the winner entered the Contest; and (b) currently registered in good standing under the Canadian Charities Listings maintained by the Charities Directorate of the Canada Revenue Agency (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/lstngs/menu-eng.html). Atlantic Central reserves the right to withhold its final approval of a selected local charitable organization, if the selected charity is deemed to be averse to co-operative principles, or the association of the charity with the Contest may cause harm or damage to the reputation of Atlantic Central, its subsidiaries, and/or its member credit unions and/or their wealth management partners, as determined by Atlantic Central in its sole discretion.
- Selection and Declaration of Prize Winners and Prize Distribution: Selected entrants will be selected through two random draws from all eligible entries. The two respective draws will be held consecutively on Wednesday, March 13th, 2019, starting at 10:00 a.m. AST at the head office of Atlantic Central, located at 6074 Lady Hammond Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia. Selected entrants will be contacted by phone following the draws. In the event the first attempt to reach a selected entrant is unsuccessful, a maximum of three additional attempts will be made within fourteen (14) days following the draw. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted in this manner, over this period, their entry will be considered void and disqualified. The individual will then have no recourse against any participating credit union, wealth management partner, or Atlantic Central. Another random draw will be conducted, and a new selected entrant drawn, with the above notification process repeated.
The odds of selection will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Before being declared a prize winner, selected entrants must correctly answer a time-limited, skill-testing mathematical question, without mechanical or other assistance, and may be required to sign a Complete Release and Waiver of Claim. Prize winners must accept the prizes as awarded, which are not redeemable for exchanges or substitutions. Prize winners may be required to attend the participating credit union they entered the Contest through in order to receive their prize.
- Terms of Entry: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by all Contest rules and regulations. By entering this Contest, entrants further agree to release and hold harmless any participating credit union and Atlantic Central, including, but not limited to, their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, contractors, sub-contractors, wealth management partners, and shareholders from all liability resulting from Contest entry, award, use, possession, or misuse of any prize, including any and all liability for injuries and loss or damage of any kind. No warranty or guarantee is given by the credit union or Atlantic Central surrounding the use of a prize.\ \
- Prize Winner: By entering this Contest, entrants agree that if they are declared a prize winner, their name, photo, and likeness may be posted at credit unions across Atlantic Canada and could be used for advertising purposes without additional compensation. Submission of an entry shall be treated as an entrant’s express consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information, as noted above, if they are a prize winner.
- Applicable Law: The Contest and the prizes awarded are subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
- Privacy: All personal information collected in relation to the Contest will be destroyed immediately after the prizes are awarded, and will not be used for any other purpose, except where the entrant expressly consents to their personal information being used for another purpose as described.