Credit Unions believe that free things are worth sharing. We know the excitement of having an extra $25 to spend on anything you'd like. That's why we've created a new youth referral program.
Help spread the news of the Youth Spending Accounts and you both can receive $25 extra spending money in your credit union account! Successfully refer 10 friends and that's an extra $250 in your account!
Any eligible credit union member is able to refer anyone 25 and under to open a new spending account during this limited time offer - and you’ll both be eligible for $25.
The referrer (the one making the referral) must provide the last 5 digits of their member number to the referee (the one being referred).
The referee signs up for a new Youth Spending Account at the participating credit union of their choosing between August 1st and September 30th.
The new account holder fills out the form located at the bottom of this page.
In order for each account holder to receive the $25, the new account holder must be an active member during the 90 day qualifying period by performing at least one withdrawal and one deposit per month.
If everything checks out after the 90 day period, then both members (referrer and referee) will receive the $25 into their account within 14 business days after the qualifying period has ended.
Current members can have up to ten successful referrals, that's $250 extra to your account!
Your Credit Union knows that no two members' spending habits are the same. That’s why we are dedicated to providing you with the most effective accounts to match which ever way you like to spend your money. The top three benefits include:
The monthly fee is waived if you maintain a minimum daily balance in your account during the month on all Spending Accounts.
If you're planning a trip or going on a spending hiatus, with just a phone call you can easily switch your Spending Account to avoid any excess service charges.
Send or Request Interac®
e-Transfer without any extra fees; now part of your included Standard Transactions. Enjoy unlimited Interac® e-Transfers on Flex and UltraFlex Spending accounts, and up to 20 on a Core Spending Account for free.
$1.25 / Additional
$1.50 / Withdrawal
$1.50 / Withdrawal
Send and Request Interac®
Included in your Standard Transaction Limit (20)
Youth (Everyone 25 and Under) Pricing
$2.00 / Month
$12.00 / Month
See complete account details and features here.
® Used under license. All trade marks are the property of their respective owners.
* Additional fees, such as any terminal convenience, currency conversion, or usage fees, may be charged by third parties and added as part of the transaction amount.
Just opened a New Spending Account? Awesome! You are on your way to having an extra $25 into your account and your referrers account!
Fill out the Youth Spending Account Referral Form to activate your promotional offer.
Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Youth Spending Referral Program
Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
1. The Promotional Offer: Providing you fulfill the Qualifying Criteria in Section 2 and the conditions set out below, you will receive the $25 Promotional Offer (the “Promotional Offer”) by opening a new qualifying Youth Spending Account. Your referrer will also receive the Promotional Offer of $25 deposited into their own Spending Account.
2. How to qualify for the Promotional Offer: In order to qualify, you (“Referee”) must:
a. Be referred by an Eligible Member (“Referrer”)
i. Eligible Member means a member of any Credit Union in Prince Edward Island on or before July 1st, 2020, who is a resident of Canada during the Promotional Period and is currently in good standing.
Any member under the age of 18 years must have consent from a parent or legal guardian in order be eligible.
b. Open a new Youth Spending Account between August 1st, 2020 and September 30th, 2020.
c. Fill out the Promotional Offer entry from found on www.creditunionspei.com/referral which includes providing the name, credit union and member number of the Referrer.
d. The Referee must be an active account holder during the 90 day qualifying period (“Qualifying Period”) by performing at least one (1) withdrawal and (1) deposit per month using the newly created Spending Account.
3. The Promotional Period means the period starting August 1st, 2020 and ending September 30th, 2020. During this period, Eligible new members can apply for the Promotional Offer.
4. The Promotional Offer will be deposited into the account(s) within 14 business days after the Qualifying Period has been satisfied.
5. The Promotional Offer is available to successful New Members and their Referrers only.
6. The Promotional Offer will be awarded only after all qualifying conditions have been verified by PEI Credit Unions.
7. Eligible New Members must complete the online application form, available at www.creditunionspei.com/referral to participate in the Promotional Offer.
8. Employees and Board members of Prince Edward Island credit unions are not eligible to participate in this Promotional Offer.
9. Up to ten Promotional Offers per Referrer, no matter how many member numbers, or credit union memberships they may hold or open during the Promotional Period.
10. The Promotional Offer must be accepted as awarded.
11. In completing an application for the Promotional Offer, you give PEI Credit Unions, its employees and its agents authorization to verify the information you provide with all the parties identified.
12. We reserve the right to change the Promotional Offer and these Terms at any time. The posting of the current Terms at www.creditunionspei.com/referral shall be deemed sufficient notice to you of such Terms and any changes, if required.
13. We reserve the right to cancel the Promotional Offer at any time for any reason at our complete discretion without notice.
14. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the content of any other promotional materials, including but not limited to posters, ads, or displays, the Terms available at www.creditunionspei.com/referral shall prevail.
15. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Promotional Offer to any person or account holder we find or believe to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, integrity or operation of the Promotional Offer, including any person whose overall relationship with us is in our opinion not in good standing.